Dengie Healthy Tummy
Healthy Tummy contains the latest ingredients known to promote gut health including alfalfa, herbs and Protexin In-Feed Formula. A high specification of vitamins and minerals are included to create a high calorie complete fibre feed.
Healthy Tummy is a nutritionally complete fibre feed containing all the vitamins and minerals your horse or pony needs; there’s no need to add any mix, cubes or supplements, as long as you’re feeding at the recommended levels.
Taking the latest ingredients known to promote gut health, including alfalfa grown in our own fields, Healthy Tummy is the ideal way to keep your horse healthy and happy.
Ulcers or Equine Gastric Ulcer Syndrome (EGUS) might seem like a recent phenomenon but it’s probably been afflicting horses for years. It’s just that now Vets have the technology to view the horses’ stomach – a 3m endoscope is required – and so we can see the ulcers. Research has been carried out and we are only just learning the severity of the problem with an estimated 40% of leisure, 60% of competition and 90% of racehorses being affected by EGUS.
Equine Gastric Ulcer Syndrome (EGUS) refers to lesions of the tissue lining in the non-glandular area of the horse’s stomach. It is thought that diet, stress and exercise can all contribute to the problem and so to avoid or treat EGUS usually requires changes to diet and management as well as any medication prescribed by the Vet.
Key Benefits of Healthy Tummy
- Alfalfa has long been recognised as a natural buffer to acidity in the horse’s gut. Naturally low in sugar and starch it is the ideal foundation to a diet for horses at risk of EGUS.
- Protexin In-Feed Formula supplies prebiotics and live yeast. Protexin helps promote a healthy microbial population which is vital for fibre digestion and as part of the immune system.
- Herbs for Gut Health a unique blend of herbs, including oregano, cinnamon and ginger, has been carefully selected. These herbs are believed to be powerful antioxidants as well as enhancing palatability.
- High Spec Vits & Mins which includes a full range of B vitamins such as biotin to promote exceptional coat and hoof condition. They are also integral to energy utilisation and are produced as a by-product of fibre fermentation in the gut. Additional calcium and magnesium also help to maintain optimum levels of acidity in the gut.
- Rape Seed Oil, a light coating has been used to provide slow release energy and exceptional coat shine.
- Healthy Tummy is free from molasses, artificial flavourings and preservatives.
How to feed Healthy Tummy
For horses at rest or in light work:
Healthy Tummy is a nutritionally complete feed containing all the vitamins and minerals your horse or pony needs. There is no need to add any mix, cubes or supplements as long as you are feeding the recommended levels.
For horses in moderate and hard work:
Feeding a high fibre diet is essential should your horse be suffering or have had ulcers in the past. Healthy Tummy can be fed alongside Alfa-Beet to increase energy intake to meet the requirements of harder work. Healthy Tummy can also be fed alongside mixes and cubes to help counteract the effects of using cereal based feeds.